MTF Contracting is run by George Shacklock, with the assistance of Ian Shacklock, who runs MTF Training - a Lantra Awards approved training provider. This means that we are extremely careful to ensure that all operators are qualified to use their machines and are trained to work in a systematic and safe manner at all times.
MTF are fully insured for all of the work we carry out and have £10m Public Liability insurance and comprehensive Professional Indemnity cover.
Qualifications include the following common certificates required for our work:
- Driving licences up to and including C+E (articulated HGV Class 1) DVLA
- Agricultural Tractor DVLA + CPCS
- Telehandler (Telescoping Handler) NPTC + CPCS
- 4x4 Driving Lantra
- Sit-In and Sit-Astride ATV (All-Terrain Vehicles) Lantra
- Winch Operator Lantra
- Trailer Handling, On and Off-road Lantra
- Chainsaw Cross Cut Operations and Maintenance NPTC
- Felling and processing trees up to 380mm NPTC CS31
- Felling and processing trees over 380mm NPTC CS32
- Tree climbing and aerial rescue NPTC CS38
-Aerial cutting of trees with a chainsaw using freefall techniques NPTC CS39
-Aerial tree rigging NPTC CS41
- 360° Excavator (above and below 10 tonnes) CPCS
- Forward Tipping Dumper (Wheeled and Tracked) CPCS
-Emergency First Aid
This isn't an exhaustive list, so be assured that whatever we undertake, we will only operate machinery in conditions that we are qualified to do - if you have any queries at all, please contact us.